“I would gladly live out of a backpack if it meant I could see the world.”
Travel tip: PACK LIGHT! I think that having the least amount of luggage is a way to maximize every travel experience. You do not have luggage to carry around and because of that you have more freedom! I know that every adventure is different and sometimes it is necessary to pack more than just the essentials but for most trips here are five tips:
1. Pack neutral colors that match everything. You do not need a new outfit for everyday you can switch shirts with different pants!
2. You truly do not need 5 pairs of shoes, you need 2 at most..make sure they are comfortable!
3. Wear your largest clothing when you are traveling to and from your destination..sweatpants, sweatshirt, and large shoes. This will save room in your bag!
4. Buy small containers at Walgreens for all of your liquids. Carrying huge shampoo and lotion bottles is not a good idea.
5. Buy a fanny pack. They are back in style and are a very practical yet chic look! I go everywhere with mine…. I recommend a light waterproof one. I only put my money, passport, and my phone in it. This makes your essentials accessible, safe, & saves room in your bag! Once when I was on a kayaking trip with my boyfriend in California our kayaks flipped and we had our phones, wallets, and keys with us…Luckily they were all in my fanny pack and everything ended up safe (thank goodness!).
Whenever I travel I only bring a backpack and always have everything I need…trust me!
I will be posting packing lists for specific trips in the near future!